Monday, January 30, 2012

Pregnant...Even Primrose Oil Question?

I don't want to hear any grumpy people telling me I am horrible and that I want to induce my labor early, because I DON'T. I am just wondering if any of you have any experience with taking Evening Primrose Oil either orally or rubbed on your cervix, and if it helped move anything along or not. I talked to someone that goes to my OBGYN who says she tried it and worked, but I doubted it a little. If you did take it, when did you start, how much did you take and did it help anything? Im still only 34 weeks, still too early I would imagine, but am curious. Thanks! =)

Pregnant...Even Primrose Oil Question?
Evening Primrose Oil an



Wont actually induce labor. While some lay midwives will argue that statement about the Evening Primrose, which is the reason it is not recommended until 36 weeks or "full term", almost all sources with experience agree that it does nothing that the body was not ready to do on its own.



Evening primrose oil is an excellent source of prostaglandins, which we already determined readies your cervix for labor. It can be taken orally as soon as 34 weeks, and can be applied directly to the cervix at full term (36 weeks). The general recommendation is two 500mg

capsules per day until week 38, at which time you increase to 3-4 per day. The entire capsule can be inserted vaginally (inserted just before bed, it will dissolve before the first time you wake to use the bathroom), or you can use the oil on your fingers for your perineal massage, then also rub on your cervix (assuming you can reach it). Applying directly to the cervix is optimal, but the beneficial ingredients are absorbed through the external skin or the stomach also.





Again, it doesnt causes labor to start!
Reply:Wait till your due date at least for the babies sake. When I was due for my son I took two tablespoons of caster oil at 5:30 p.m. and he was born about 11:45 p.m. that night, whether or not it was a coincidence or maybe it did really work, I will never know, other than he was born that day. The worst caster oil will do is clean you out good. Good luck with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment