Monday, January 30, 2012

Evening primrose dosage?

Hi there, I have PCOS and my hormones are outa control, I have started taking Evening Primrose oil but they are 1000mg tabs and it says take 3 a day, (3000mg) when I looked up dosage on the net it said 4000 to 6000mg is the dosage, Does anyone know the difference or am I wasting my time wiht the 3 a day.

cheers

Evening primrose dosage?
Try the 3000mg dose for a while (4-6 weeks) and see if you notice any improvement. If you do then great, you are on the right dosage, if not try upping it to 4000mg and see how that goes...that would be the careful way to go about it.



My information says to take 1500-3000mg daily to improve cervical mucus, and remember to take it from when you start your period until you ovulate then stop until you get your period again if you are trying to concieve. It is thought that EPO can cause uterine contractions which could prevent a fertilized egg from implanting properly.
Reply:Three a day will help you. You are getting some of it into your system, so it will have an effect. To be at truly therapeutic levels tho', I am more familiar w/ taking 4-6 at a time, as your research showed you. One question to also ask you would be your height and weight. If you are tiny, tiny, 3 might well be enough. I'm six feet tall, and the 6 caps I took 3x/day during my pregnancy were clearly indicated. If you have PCOS, stop eating eggs and dairy, especially full fat dairy. You may also need to look at stopping all meats treated w/ hormones and antibiotics as well. Can you eat soy, or are you allergic?


No comments:

Post a Comment